1. All lots in this subdivision shall be known and described as residential lots. They are to be used for single family residential purposes only. No building shall be expanded into a duplex or multi-family dwelling.
2. No building or building extension shall be erected on any lot nearer than the minimum building setback line as shown on the Subdivision Plan. Any new or remodeled home shall meet County building codes and restrictions.
3. No lot shall be subdivided into smaller lots without the approval of the Williamson County Planning Commission.
4. All residences constructed on said property must have at least 1700 square feet of livable floor area on the main floor and if constructed with an attached garage or basement, the entrance shall be at the end or rear of said residence. If livable floor area of any residence constructed on said property shall be two levels or more, the aforementioned requirement of 1700 square feet of livable floor area on the main floor shall not apply provided the combined living area on all levels of said residences shall be at least 2000 square feet exclusive of garage, basement and porches. No house may be moved from another location to any lot in this subdivision.
5. No parking lot or public use of any property is permitted except of the recreation facilities and designated parking area of the Oakwood Swim and Tennis Club.
6. A perpetual easement is reserved on each lot as shown on the recorded Subdivision Plan for construction and maintenance of utilities and for drainage purposes. No structure shall be erected or maintained upon such easements, except those constructed for public utility purposes.
7. All owners of lots shall be responsible for stabilization of ditches at street right-of-way, installing culverts, size as shown on plat, and building headwalls with stone, brick or concrete, all in accordance with the Williamson County Highway Department specifications. All lots shall be graded to drainage easements as shown on the subdivision plat. No cutting or establishing of drainage ditch on any property line not designated for an easement shall be permitted. Any lot owner causing erosion washed out ditch on any property line which is not designated as a permanent drainage easement hereby agrees to correct the problem at his or her own expense.
8. No noxious or offensive trade or illegal use of any narcotic substance shall be permitted on any lot and nothing shall be done thereon which is or may become a nuisance or annoyance to the neighborhood.
9. Homeowners shall be responsible for the safe and attractive maintenance of their homes and lots. All lots shall be clear of litter and debris and yards and bushes shall be maintained such that they do not detract from the general appearance of the surrounding neighborhood. No junk cars of other inoperable equipment shall be stored in view on any lot. Trash, garbage or other waste material shall be kept in containers or out of view from the street except on scheduled day of pickup.
10. No trailers, motor homes or outbuilding shall be occupied as residences on any lot.
11. For safety purposes, all campers, motor homes, boats and other recreational vehicles shall be parked off-street at all times and parking of cars on opposite sides of the street should be avoided except in case of emergency. In accordance with County Ordinances, operation of unlicensed motorized vehicles such as go-carts and all terrain vehicles (ATVs) shall not be permitted on streets within the subdivision.
12. No detached garages shall be permitted without the approval of the Williamson County Planning Commission. Adjacent homeowners shall be notified prior to such construction.
13. All detached framed building shall be painted or bricked to be compatible with the home décor. Such building shall be set back at least ten (10) feet from the rear or side lot lines. Cement block buildings are not permitted.
14. No fence shall be constructed on any lot nearer the street than the minimum setback line as shown on said plat or in front of any house constructed farther back than the minimum setback line. All wooded fences must be kept in good repair.
15. In-ground pools, above-ground pools and hot tubs must meet County Ordinances for such installations. This includes the requirement for a protective fence at least four (4) feet high.
16. No poultry, swine or other livestock, or exotic animals shall be allowed on any lot except horses will be permitted in accordance with County Ordinances on lots of two (2) acres or more in size.
17. Household pets such as dogs and cats are permitted. Dogs shall be kept on the property or on leash in accordance with County Ordinances. Raising of dogs, cats or other animals for commercial purposes is not permitted.
18. Since advertisements signs detract from the appearance of the entranceways, the following limitations are placed on the use of such signs at the entranceways:
(A) Garage sale signs shall be displayed no longer than four (4) days and such signs shall not be mounted on entrance walls of the entrance sign support.
(B) Real estate signs shall be displayed no longer than one (1) month and no such signs shall be of a permanent nature, e.g. set in concrete.
(C) Persons who install such signs shall be responsible for removing the signs.
19. If any present or subsequent owner of any lot in this subdivision, including their heirs and assigns, shall violate any of the covenants or restrictions contained herein, it shall be lawful for any person, persons or entity owning lots in the subdivision at the time to institute any proceedings at law or in equity against the person or persons violating or attempting to violate said restrictions as may be permitted by law, and either to prevent such violation by injunction or recover damages for such violation.
20. If any one or more of the restrictions herein contained are declared invalid by order of any court having jurisdiction, such invalidation shall in no way affect any other restriction herein contained, all of which shall remain in full force and effect, each restriction being treated as a separate instrument.
21. All restrictions, covenants and conditions herein contained, including the restrictions in said Plan of Subdivision, are hereby declared to be covenants running with the land, and shall be binding and obligatory upon all persons who now own, or who may hereafter own, possess or occupy any part of said property until the 1st day of December, 2022. Any or all of the restrictions and covenants herein contained may be amended prior to said expiration date with and by the approval of two-thirds (2/3) of the property owners at the time the Amendment is made.
22. Any failure to enforce the restrictions because of any violation shall not be deemed a waiver of such rights as to any subsequent of other violation, said right being a continuing one.